WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE RECIPE …
|2 1/2 cups dry white wine|
|1/3 cup olive oil|
|1/4 cup kosher salt|
|3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|1 bay leaf|
|1 head of cauliflower, leaves removed|
|4 ounces fresh goat cheese|
|3 ounces cream cheese|
|3 ounces feta|
|1/3 cup heavy cream|
|2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for serving|
|Coarse sea salt (for serving)|
- Preheat oven to 475°. Bring wine, oil, kosher salt, juice, butter, red pepper flakes, sugar, bay leaf, and 8 cups water to a boil in a large pot. Add cauliflower, reduce heat, and simmer, turning occasionally, until a knife easily inserts into center, 15-20 minutes.
- Using 2 slotted spoons or a mesh spider, transfer cauliflower to a rimmed baking sheet, draining well. Roast, rotating sheet halfway through, until brown all over, 30-40 minutes.
- While cauliflower is roasting, blend goat cheese, cream cheese, feta, cream, and 2 tablespoons oil in a food processor until smooth; season with sea salt. Transfer whipped goat cheese to a serving bowl and drizzle with oil.
- Transfer cauliflower to a plate. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with sea salt. Serve with whipped goat cheese.
- DO AHEAD: Whipped goat cheese can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.
SPICY CURRIED WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE – MELANIE COOKS
This curried whole roasted cauliflower looks gorgeous and tastes amazing! So easy to make and so full of flavor, you can eat the whole cauliflower yourself in one sitting!
Provided by: MelanieCooks.com
Categories: Side Dish
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|1 head of cauliflower|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|2 tbsp curry powder|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1/4 tsp red pepper (optional)|
|1/2 tsp salt|
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Remove the leaves from the bottom of the cauliflower and trim the base. Wash the cauliflower, then dry it with a paper towel.
- Put olive oil, curry powder, garlic powder, red pepper and salt in a cup and mix until combined.
- Put the whole cauliflower on a baking sheet.
- Brush the curry mixture all over the cauliflower using the pastry brush.
- Put the cauliflower in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.