PIE IRON BREAKFAST RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Food Network Kitchen
Total time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|4 large eggs|
|4 slices cooked bacon, diced|
|4 ounces shredded Cheddar|
|3 cups frozen hash browns, thawed|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter|
- Prepare a campfire or a charcoal grill for cooking over medium-high heat. Add a square cast-iron pie iron to the campfire or grill to preheat.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the bacon, Cheddar, hash browns, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss together until everything is equally distributed. Carefully remove the pie iron from the fire. Open the iron and add 2 tablespoons butter, then swirl it around both sides. Add a quarter of the potato mixture to the pie iron and close it. Place the iron back in the fire and cook for 2 minutes, turning and rotating every few seconds. Remove the iron from the fire and transfer the potato pocket to a plate. Repeat with the remaining butter and potato mixture.
CAMPFIRE BREAKFAST SANDWICH RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Natural Chef Michelle
Categories: Breakfast Sandwiches
Total time: 7 minutes
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 sandwich
|2 tablespoons butter|
|2 slices bread|
|1 slice Cheddar cheese|
- Place a Hobo Pie toaster in the hot coals of a campfire to preheat for a few minutes.
- Butter both slices of bread, then place one slice, butter-side down into the toaster. Crack the egg onto the bread, and break the yolk. Top with a slice of cheese and the second slice of bread, butter-side up.
- Close the toaster, and place into the coals of the fire. Cook for several minutes, turning frequently, until the bread has browned nicely on both sides.
Calories 522.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 26.1 g, CholesterolContent 276.8 mg, FatContent 39 g, FiberContent 1.2 g, ProteinContent 17.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 22.5 g, SodiumContent 750.1 mg, SugarContent 2.7 g