SMOKED & BRINED BONE-IN PORK CHOPS RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
These pork chops are put in a sweet and herby brine overnight, then smoked and finished over high heat on the Traeger. Try these juicy chops for your next Sunday dinner. escalope de poulet farci recettes.
Provided by: Traeger Kitchen
Prep time: 15 minutes00S
Cook time: 2 hours 0 minutes00S
|(8 bone) pork loin roast, trimmed and frenched|
- In a medium saucepan combine the apple juice, brown sugar, salt, bay leaves, black peppercorns, garlic cloves, thyme, lemon and orange zest and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer until salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Pour mixture over ice water and stir. Let sit at room temperature until cool. Pour cooled brine over pork chops, weigh them down with a stack of plates and place in the refrigerator to brine overnight.
- Remove the pork chops from the brine, rinse, and pat dry.
- When ready to cook, start the Traeger according to grill instructions. Set the temperature to 225 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Place the pork chops directly on the grill grate and cook for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the internal temperature registers 130 degrees F with an instant-read thermometer when inserted into the thickest part of the pork chop.
- Remove chops from the grill and increase the temperature to 450 degrees F (set to 450° F if using a WiFIRE-enabled grill) and preheat, lid closed for 10 minutes.
- Return the chops to the grill and cook for 10-15 minutes more (flipping once halfway through) or until the internal temperature registers 145 degrees F in the thickest part.
- Remove from grill and let rest ten minutes before serving. Enjoy!