BUCA DI BEPPO CHICKEN MARSALA (COPYCAT) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
|olive oil, as needed|
|16 ounces chicken cutlets (4 thin pieces)|
|2 ounces low-sodium bacon, cut in 1/4-inch pieces|
|1/2 cup flour|
|fresh ground black pepper|
|1/2 cup high-grade dry marsala wine|
|4 tablespoons heavy cream (maybe less)|
|1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced|
- Coat large skillet lightly with olive oil and set over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon and cook just until crisp and lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon, set aside, leave fat in the pan.
- Put flour on a plate.
- Pat cutlets dry, season lightly with salt and pepper, dredge in flour.
- Heat pan with bacon fat over medium-high heat, add touch more olive oil if necessary to make approximately 2 tablespoons.
- When fat is hot shake excess flour off cutlets and place in pan.
- Saute, turning once until browned on both sides. Thin cutlets should only take a few minutes per side. Remove cutlets, pour excess fat from pan.
- With pan over medium-high heat add the Marsala and scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Cook Marsala until it is reduced by one quarter.
- Stir in cream and simmer until you get a nicely thickened sauce.
- Return the chicken and bacon to the pan and turn the cutlets to coat and reheat for a minute.
- Serve with the sauce over top and a sprinkle of parsley.
Calories 263.8, FatContent 8.7, SaturatedFatContent 4.1, CholesterolContent 93.1, SodiumContent 141.1, CarbohydrateContent 13.4, FiberContent 0.6, SugarContent 0.3, ProteinContent 26.1