EASY CHICKEN BURRITO RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER BURRITOS
|4 skinless, boneless free-range chicken thighs|
|1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika|
|½ a tablespoon ground cumin|
|2 cloves of garlic|
|1 bunch of fresh coriander|
|1 x 400 g tin of pinto or black beans|
|200 g leftover white or brown rice chilled|
|4 ripe tomatoes|
|4 spring onions|
|1 little gem lettuce|
|4 large flour tortillas|
|80 g mature Cheddar cheese|
|4 tablespoons Greek yoghurt|
- Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat. Meanwhile, place the chicken thighs between two sheets of greaseproof paper, then bash with the base of a heavy pan to roughly ½cm thick. Pop into a bowl, sprinkle over the paprika, cumin and a lug of oil, and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix well to coat, then place the chicken onto the hot griddle. Cook for 10 minutes, or until charred and cooked through, turning halfway. Leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely slice the garlic. Pick the coriander leaves and set aside, then finely slice the stalks. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the garlic and coriander stalks and fry for 1 minute.
- Drain, rinse and add the beans, then fry for a further few minutes. Add the rice and cook for 5 minutes, or until crisp and piping hot through, stirring occasionally. Finely grate in the lime zest, roughly chop and add half the coriander leaves. Stir well and remove from the heat.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and trim and finely slice the spring onions, then add to a bowl with the juice of the lime. Roughly chop and add the remaining coriander leaves, mix well and season to taste. Shred the lettuce and cooled chicken.
- Pop a tortilla onto the griddle for 1 minute to soften, then place onto a board. Spoon one-quarter of the fried rice and beans along the middle, top with a generous spoonful of salsa, a handful of lettuce and one of the shredded chicken thighs. Grate over some cheese and add a spoon of yoghurt.
- Wrap up the burrito, then tuck in. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, serving as you go.
Calories 613 calories, FatContent 24.9 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 9.5 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 33.6 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 60.3 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 7.4 g sugar, SodiumContent 1.7 g salt, FiberContent 13.2 g fibre
EASY BREAKFAST BURRITOS RECIPE – PILLSBURY.COM
Provided by: Shawn Syphus
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 35 minutes
|3 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|4 cups (12 oz) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes (from 30-oz bag)|
|1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|6 fully cooked breakfast sausage links, cut in 1/4-inch pieces|
|1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 tortillas)|
|2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)|
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add frozen hash brown potatoes in even layer; press down lightly. Cook potatoes 7 minutes without moving. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; turn. Cook 6 to 8 minutes longer or until browned on both sides and hot throughout. Transfer to medium bowl; cover with foil to keep warm. Wipe out skillet.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, green chiles, salt and pepper until well blended. In same skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned. Stir in egg mixture; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until scrambled.
- To assemble burritos, spoon line of hash browns down center of each tortilla. Top with cheese and egg mixture.
- Roll up each tortilla tightly to secure filling. Serve immediately, or freeze as directed below.
- To freeze, wrap each burrito in foil. Label 1-gallon resealable freezer plastic bag. Transfer burritos in single layer to bag; remove as much air as possible, and freeze up to 1 month. To heat: Remove 1 burrito from foil, and wrap in lightly dampened paper towel. Place on microwavable plate; microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes 30 seconds to 4 minutes 30 seconds, turning once, until heated through (at least 165°F).
Calories 450 , CarbohydrateContent 30 g, CholesterolContent 225 mg, FatContent 3 , FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 18 g, SaturatedFatContent 12 g, ServingSize 1 Burrito, SodiumContent 780 mg, SugarContent 1 g, TransFatContent 1/2 g