THREE EASY MEALS YOU CAN MAKE WITH CANNED CHICKEN
Provided by: Cathy
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 135 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
|1/3 cup mayonnaise|
|1 tbsp Ranch dressing dry mix|
|1 can (12.5 oz) canned chicken, drained|
|1/2 cup finely diced celery|
|1/4 cup finely chopped green onion (green parts only)|
- In a medium sized bowl, combine mayonnaise and Ranch dressing mix.
- Add canned chicken to the mayonnaise mixture. The chicken will likely be in chunks so make sure you shred it with two forks before mixing the mayonnaise with the chicken.
- Stir in celery and green onion.
- You can add ground black pepper and salt if you like, but I never do.
- Serve on toast, as a sandwich, over a bed of lettuce, on a toasted bagel, with crackers or plain.
Calories 366 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 4.1 g, ProteinContent 23.2 g, FatContent 28.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 g, CholesterolContent 105.2 mg, SodiumContent 495 mg, FiberContent 0.4 g, SugarContent 0.3 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 22.5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
25+ AMAZING CANNED CHICKEN RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
Provided by: Cassie Marshall
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 24 minutes
|2 cans chicken|
|1/2 diced apple|
|1/4 grapes (sliced)|
|1 sliced celery ribs|
|1 diced cucumber|
|1/4 Green yogurt|
|1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise|
|Dashes of black pepper (sea salt, onion powder, and parsley)|
- Combine all ingredients.
- Stir until combined.
- Serve on sandwiches.
Calories 210 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
CRISPY CHICKEN FRITTERS – SOUTH YOUR MOUTH
Provided by: Mandy Rivers | South Your Mouth
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|2 12.5-oz cans white premium chunk chicken breast|
|1 teaspoon Dijon mustard|
|1/2 teaspoon salt (see notes)|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/4 teaspoon onion powder|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/8 teaspoon dried thyme|
|1/4 cup plain dried bread crumbs|
|Additional bread crumbs|
- Drain chicken very well. I place mine in a colander to drain for several minutes then press down on the chicken with a heavy bowl.
- Roughly chop chicken. I like the chicken to be uniform in size for consistent texture in the fritters (aim for about 1/4 inch pieces). Chopping the chicken also prevents any stray bits from poking out of the crispy coating.
- Add chicken, egg, Dijon mustard, salt and spices to a mixing bowl then stir with a fork until well combined. Stir in 1/4 cup bread crumbs.
- Pour additional bread crumbs into a shallow bowl or pie plate (about a cup or so). Portion chicken mixture into six fritters. Shape each fritter into a tight little hockey puck then coat with additional bread crumbs.
- Heat about 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, pan-fry chicken fritters on each side until golden brown and crispy. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!
Calories 117.30, FatContent 4.38, SaturatedFatContent 0.69, CarbohydrateContent 3.59, FiberContent 0.29, SugarContent 0.33, ProteinContent 14.59, SodiumContent 258.50, CholesterolContent 48.00