THE BEST JUICY SKILLET CHICKEN BREASTS
Provided by: Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 (6-ounce) servings
|1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts; 2 large breasts or 3 medium|
|Salt, to taste|
|1 teaspoon chili powder, see our homemade chili powder recipe|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon onion powder|
|1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 tablespoon avocado oil or other high heat cooking oil|
|Half of a lemon, quartered, optional|
- Take the chicken out of the refrigerator and season on both sides with salt — we use just less than 1/4 teaspoon of fine salt per chicken breast.
- Make the spice rub by combining the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and black pepper. Liberally dust the spice rub all over the chicken.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a medium frying pan (with lid) over medium-high heat. As soon as the oil is hot and looks shimmery, add the chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until golden. Flip, reduce the heat to low, and then splash a few tablespoons of water (or broth) into the skillet. Cover the skillet with a lid.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reads 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part of the breast.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, cut into thick slices, and then serve with pan drippings and lemon wedges.
ServingSize 1/4 of the recipe (about 6 ounces), Calories 208, FatContent 4.6g, SaturatedFatContent 1g, CholesterolContent 124.1mg, SodiumContent 387mg, CarbohydrateContent 0.9g, FiberContent 0.3g, SugarContent 0.1g, ProteinContent 38.5g