CHILI CON CARNE RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 1 hours 50 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
|1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef|
|1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
|1 teaspoon unsweetened baking cocoa|
|1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce|
|2 cups Muir Glen™ organic diced tomatoes (from 28-oz can), undrained|
|1 can (19 oz) Progresso™ red kidney beans, undrained|
- In 3-quart saucepan, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except beans. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired thickness.
Calories 390 , CarbohydrateContent 35 g, CholesterolContent 70 mg, FatContent 1/2 , FiberContent 9 g, ProteinContent 31 g, SaturatedFatContent 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 770 mg, SugarContent 6 g, TransFatContent 1 g
CHILI CON CARNE – CASSEROLE & CHOCOLAT
Notice: Undefined variable: total_cooktime in /home/cassssyf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/solopine-recipe/solopine-recipe.php on line 757
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 30 minutes
|250 g kidney beans (or 400 g cooked ones)|
|1 red onion|
|2-3 garlic cloves|
|500 g minced beef|
|1 tablespoon ground cumin|
|1 tablespoon paprika|
|1 teaspoon red chili pepper|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|400 g tomato pulp|
|(1 tablespoon tomato concentrate if you want)|
|1 beef stock cube|
|A few coriander leaves|
|1 tablespoon sour cream|
- Cook the kidney beans according to the instructions on the package. Set aside.
- Mince the onion and cook it in a large sauce pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ground cumin, paprika red chili pepper.
- Add an extra tablespoon of olive oil and add the minced beef.
- Once your meat is cooked, add the cooked red beans, 30 cl of water and the beef stock cube.
- Add the tomato pulp (and add the tomato concentrate).
- Add salt (do not add pepper until the end of the cooking).
- Cook at low heat for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Adjust your seasoning and add pepper.
- Serve with sour cream, chopped coriander and cheddar.
Calories , CarbohydrateContent , CholesterolContent , FatContent , FiberContent , ProteinContent , SaturatedFatContent , SodiumContent , SugarContent , TransFatContent , UnsaturatedFatContent
SIMPLE CHILLI CON CARNE | JAMIE OLIVER CHILLI RECIPES
Provided by: Jamie Oliver
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
|2 medium onions|
|2 cloves garlic|
|2 medium carrots|
|2 sticks celery|
|2 red peppers|
|1 heaped teaspoon chilli powder|
|1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin|
|1 heaped teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 x 400 g tin of chickpeas|
|1 x 400 g tin of red kidney beans|
|2 x 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes|
|500 g quality minced beef|
|½ a bunch of fresh coriander (15g)|
|2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar|
- Peel and finely chop the onions, garlic, carrots and celery – don’t worry about the technique, just chop away until fine. Halve the red peppers, remove the stalks and seeds and roughly chop.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large casserole pan on a medium-high heat, add the chopped veg, chilli powder, cumin, cinnamon and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then cook for 7 minutes, or until softened, stirring regularly.
- Drain and add the chickpeas and kidney beans, tip in the tomatoes, breaking them up with the back of a spoon, then pour in 1 tin’s worth of water. Add the minced beef, breaking any larger chunks.
- Pick the coriander leaves and put aside, then finely chop and add the stalks to the pan, with the balsamic vinegar. Season with a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer with a lid slightly ajar for 1 hour, or until slightly thickened and reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Serve up with fluffy rice or couscous, a hunk of crusty bread, or over a jacket potato, with some yoghurt, guacamole, and wedges of lime on the side for squeezing over. Sprinkle over the reserved coriander, and some fresh chilli, if you like, then tuck in.
Calories 353 calories, FatContent 14.4 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 4.4 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 27.8 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 29.8 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 14.8 g sugar, SodiumContent 1.1 g salt, FiberContent 8.4 g fibre
CHILI CON CARNE EASY RECIPE | ENG/ AMOUR DE CUISINE
Provided by: Soulef
Total time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|200 g red beans|
|200 g ground beef|
|1 garlic clove|
|1/2 spicy red pepper here|
|500 g tomatoes|
|2 tsp chili powder|
|1/2 tsp ground cumin|
|2 tablespoon olive oil|
- soak beans in cold water for 12 hours. (I do this all night)
- in the morning, drain and put in a casserole dish. fill the casserole with enough cold water and cook until the beans are tender.
- chop the onions, and place it in a pan.
- cut the red pepper into cubes and chop the garlic.
- add the garlic and peppers to the onions, add olive oil
- sweat for a few minutes.
- Add the minced meat.
- cook well.
- when the beans are cooked, drain and return to the casserole dish.
- pour the minced meat sauce over it.
- add the seeded and crushed tomatoes on top.
- season with spices and salt.
- add a little water, cook for about 30 minutes. Check the cooking
- Serve hot.