OLIVE TAPENADE – MY PARISIAN KITCHEN
Provided by: Florence RICHOMME
Prep time: 20 minutes
|200 gr black olives ((7 oz))|
|50 gr capers ((± 1 3/4 oz))|
|3 anchovy fillets|
|1 clove garlic (optional)|
|100 gr tuna ((3 1/2 oz), (canned cooked tuna is fine))|
|1 cup olive oil|
- Prepare the ingredients: remove the pits of the olives and drain the capers. Using a blender, mix them together.
- Add the tuna and mix.
- Then add the garlic, the one by one the anchovies and mix. Taste each time you add an anchovy and stop if you feel it’s strong enough.
- Throughout the process, gradually pour in the olive oil. Stop adding oil once you are satisfied with its smooth texture.
- Everything here is a matter of personal taste. You can obviously add more capers or anchovies. I personally use little garlic and few anchovies. However I’m very picky about the type of olives used.
- Tip: The choice of olives is essential because the success of the recipe will depend on their quality. Avoid buying olives with pits already removed and choose those in olive oil. They will be tastier.
- Serve tapenade on slices of bread. Avoid plain white bread, prefer toasted baguette or country-style bread.
- Tapenade can also be served as a side of main dishes such as fish or white meat.
- Tapenade can be stored in the refrigerator a good week (to conserve it longer, cover your tapenade preparation with olive oil).
PARMESAN AND BLACK OLIVES SAVORY SHORTBREAD BISCUITS – CASSEROLE …
Notice: Undefined variable: total_cooktime in /home/cassssyf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/solopine-recipe/solopine-recipe.php on line 757
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Yield: 40-50 pces
|140 g unsalted butter|
|130 g flour|
|30 g grated Parmesan cheese|
|5 g baking powder|
|40 g egg yolks (2 pces)|
|2 tablespoons of milk|
|1/2 teaspoon flower salt|
|60 g black olives|
- Mix the soft butter with the flour, Parmesan cheese, baking powder and thyme leaves until you get an homogeneous mixture.
- Add the egg yolks, the milk and mix.
- Chop roughly the olives with a knife and add to the pastry.
- Spread between 2 baking sheets until you get 0.5 cm thickness.
- Set aside in your fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven at 200 degrees.
- Cut with 4 cm diameter steel cutters in order to get 40 to 50 pieces. If your pastry begins to be too soft, put back in your fridge for a few minutes.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
Calories , CarbohydrateContent , CholesterolContent , FatContent , FiberContent , ProteinContent , SaturatedFatContent , SodiumContent , SugarContent , TransFatContent , UnsaturatedFatContent