BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND COCONUT MUFFINS RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
|2 large eggs|
|10 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted|
|⅔ cup buttermilk|
|2 tsp. grated peeled ginger (from one 2″ piece)|
|⅔ cup plus 2 Tbsp. (packed) light brown sugar|
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|2 tsp. baking powder|
|¼ tsp. baking soda|
|1 tsp. ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp. kosher salt|
|2 cups grated (on large holes of box grater) peeled butternut squash (9 oz., from about ¼ of a large squash)|
|¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut|
|¾ cup coarsely chopped pecans|
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with liners. Whisk eggs, butter, buttermilk, ginger, and ⅔ cup brown sugar in a medium bowl. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Mix egg mixture into dry ingredients with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until just combined. Mix in squash, coconut, and pecans.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, filling to the brim (about ½ cup batter per muffin). Sprinkle remaining 2 Tbsp. brown sugar on top.
- Bake muffins, rotating pan halfway through, until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 30–32 minutes. Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then transfer muffins to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Do Ahead: Muffins can be made 3 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature, or freeze up to 2 months.
WHIPPED BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: ejjhnsn327
Categories: Squash Side Dishes
Total time: 1 hours 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|1 butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeded|
|¼ cup butter, divided|
|¼ cup brown sugar, divided|
|⅛ teaspoon apple pie spice|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Place squash, cut-side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Place 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon brown sugar into the cavity of each squash half.
- Bake in the preheated oven until skin is crispy and flesh is tender, about 1 hour. Cool until squash is easily handled, about 10 minutes.
- Scoop flesh into a large bowl; add remaining butter, brown sugar, and apple pie spice. Whip squash mixture with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
Calories 134.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 21.7 g, CholesterolContent 15.3 mg, FatContent 5.9 g, FiberContent 2.6 g, ProteinContent 1.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.7 g, SodiumContent 47.9 mg, SugarContent 9.5 g