PUFF PASTRY WITH EGG AND BACON RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: barbara
Categories: Breakfast Eggs
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 puff pastry cups
|2 teaspoons butter|
|1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed|
|2 teaspoons Dijon mustard|
|3 slices thin-sliced bacon|
|4 large eggs|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 4 muffin cups with butter (leave space in between the muffin cups).
- Cut puff pastry sheet into 4 squares and place into the greased muffin cups in such a way that the 4 corners are draping over the sides. Brush bottom and sides of the puff pastry with Dijon mustard.
- Cut each slice of bacon into 4 pieces and drape 3 bacon slices around the tops of the muffin holes.
- Break eggs individually into a small bowl without breaking the yolks and slide into the muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puff pastry is lightly browned and eggs are set, 22 to 27 minutes.
- Remove from oven, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with chives.
Calories 524.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 28.7 g, CholesterolContent 205.4 mg, FatContent 39.7 g, FiberContent 0.9 g, ProteinContent 13.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 11.8 g, SodiumContent 473.6 mg
BREAKFAST IN BREAD RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Food Network Kitchen
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 individual tarts
|All-purpose flour, for dusting|
|1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of a 17-to-18-ounce package), thawed|
|2 strips bacon|
|1 1/2 cups shredded havarti cheese|
|3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese|
|4 large eggs|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper|
|Chopped fresh chives, for topping|
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry into a 12-inch square, then cut into 4 equal squares. Slightly fold and pinch the edges of each square to form 4 round tart shells. Transfer to the prepared baking sheets and prick all over with a fork. Bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain, then crumble.
- Let the tart shells cool slightly on the baking sheets. If the centers are very puffy, prick with a fork to deflate. Sprinkle evenly with the havarti and parmesan. Make a shallow well in the cheese in the center of each tart and crack an egg into each; season with salt and pepper. Top with the bacon, then return to the oven and bake until the egg whites are set, 10 to 15 minutes. Top with chives.