DUCK FOIE GRAS SOUS VIDE – CULINARY AMBITION
Provided by: Ilse
Categories: Appetisers & Starters,Meat & Poultry
Total time: 828 minutes
Prep time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 48 minutes
|500 gr deveined duck foie gras|
|7.5 gr salt|
|1 gr white ground pepper|
|4 gr sugar|
|0.3 gr 4 spices blend|
|0.1 gr ground nutmeg|
|25 ml white port wine|
|25 ml cognac|
- Devein the foie gras.
- Place a double layer of cling film onto the working station, then place the deveined foie gras on top.
- Combine the dry seasoning with the cognac and Port wine and place over the foie gras.
- Wrap and stretch the cling film around the foie gras to shape a sausage.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours (overnight).
- The next day place the roll in a vacuum bag and seal it properly before refrigerating.
- Heat the water bath to 58°C for sous vide cooking.
- When the water reaches this temperature, immerse the foie gras completely for 48 minutes.
- After cooking, transfer the foie gras vacuum pack into iced water to stop the cooking process and then refrigerate.
Calories 98 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 5 g, ProteinContent 10 g, FatContent 3 g, CholesterolContent 322 mg, SodiumContent 451 mg, FiberContent 1 g, SugarContent 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving