ROASTED HARISSA VEGETABLES WITH KALE & GINGER PILAF RECIPE | BBC …
Provided by: Jennifer Joyce
Categories: Dinner, Main course
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|½ small butternut squash (about 350g, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks)|
|1 red onion , quartered|
|1 red pepper , cut into 3cm chunks|
|1 tbsp harissa , or to taste|
|low-fat Greek yogurt , to serve|
|½ tbsp olive oil|
|½ onion , thinly sliced|
|1 garlic clove , chopped|
|2cm piece ginger , peeled and finely chopped|
|½ red chilli , deseeded and sliced|
|100g kale , or other greens, chopped|
|100g brown basmati rice|
|225ml vegetable stock|
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the squash, onion and pepper on a large baking tray or 2 smaller ones. Toss them with the harissa and season. Roast for 30 mins or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, make the pilaf. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. Season and cook for 5 mins or until the onion is translucent. Add the kale, rice and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 10-12 mins or until tender. Serve with the roasted vegetables and some yogurt.
Calories 371 calories, FatContent 5 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 1 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 68 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 19 grams sugar, FiberContent 7 grams fiber, ProteinContent 10 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.5 milligram of sodium
GRILLED SUMMER VEGETABLES WITH HARISSA DRESSING RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Provided by: Rick Rodgers
Yield: Makes 6 servings
|1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|2 teaspoons harissa powder|
|1 red bell pepper, quartered, seeded|
|1 1 1/2-pound eggplant, trimmed, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds|
|4 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, then crosswise|
|6 large green lettuce leaves|
|3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro|
|Lemon wedges (for garnish)|
|Ingredient info: Harissa powder is a spice blend sold at Middle Eastern markets, specialty foods stores, and online at wholespice.com. If unavailable, combine 2 teaspoons ground coriander; 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder; 1 teaspoon each garlic powder, paprika, and cumin; 1/2 teaspoon salt; and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.|
- Whisk 1/2 cup oil, lemon juice, and harissa in medium bowl. Season dressing with salt.
- Prepare barbecue (high heat). Grill bell pepper quarters, skin side down, until skin is blackened all over (do not turn). Reduce heat to medium (if using gas grill) or let coals cool slightly (if using charcoal grill). Pour remaining 3 tablespoons oil onto rimmed baking sheet. Place eggplant rounds and zucchini on prepared sheet; turn to coat. Sprinkle vegetables with salt and pepper. Grill until charred in spots and cooked through, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes. Return vegetables to same sheet. Peel peppers. DO AHEAD: Dressing and vegetables can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
- Line platter with lettuce. Cut eggplant rounds crosswise in half; arrange in concentric circles atop outside edge of lettuce, leaving center empty. Cut bell pepper and zucchini into 1-inch pieces; mound in center. Drizzle some of dressing over. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lemon wedges; pass additional dressing.
BLACK LENTIL AND HARISSA VEGGIE BOWL RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Provided by: Dimitri Moshovitis
Yield: 4 servings
|2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more|
|2 cups black beluga lentils, rinsed|
|½ tsp. ground coriander|
|7 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided|
|2 Tbsp. harissa paste, divided|
|½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, plus more|
|2 large sweet potatoes (about 1½ lb.), scrubbed, cut into ½” pieces|
|2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved|
|3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar|
|1 Tbsp. honey|
|½ cup chopped cilantro|
- Preheat oven to 425°. Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil; add lentils. Adjust heat and simmer until just cooked through, 25–30 minutes. Drain lentils and transfer to a large bowl; let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk coriander, 3 Tbsp. oil, 1 Tbsp. harissa paste, 2 tsp. salt, and ½ tsp. pepper in a small bowl. Arrange sweet potatoes and tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with harissa oil (reserve bowl for dressing). Roast, tossing once, until sweet potatoes are tender and browned on some sides and tomatoes burst, 25–30 minutes.
- Whisk vinegar, honey, and remaining 1 Tbsp. harissa in reserved bowl. Stream in remaining 4 Tbsp. oil, whisking constantly until emulsified; season vinaigrette with salt.
- Add half of vinaigrette to lentils and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls. Top with roasted vegetables and cilantro. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.
- Do Ahead: Lentils can be cooked 3 days ahead. Let cool; cover and chill.