HEINZ KETCHUP COPYCAT RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE KETCHUP
Provided by: Todd Wilbur
Total time: 1 hours 35 minutes0S
Prep time: 47 minutes0S
Cook time: 47 minutes0S
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups.
|One 6-ounce can tomato paste|
|1/2 cup light corn syrup|
|1/2 cup white vinegar|
|1/4 cup water|
|1 tablespoon granulated sugar|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon onion powder|
|1/8 teaspoon garlic powder|
Calories 23 calories
HOMEMADE KETCHUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Total time: 12 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 3 cups
|2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes|
|½ cup water, divided|
|⅔ cup white sugar|
|¾ cup distilled white vinegar|
|1 teaspoon onion powder|
|½ teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 ¾ teaspoons salt|
|⅛ teaspoon celery salt|
|⅛ teaspoon mustard powder|
|¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper|
|1 whole clove|
- Pour tomatoes into slow cooker. Swirl 1/4 cup water in each emptied can and pour into the slow cooker. Add sugar, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, celery salt, mustard powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and whole clove; whisk to combine.
- Cook on High, uncovered, until mixture is reduced by half and very thick, 10 to 12 hours. Stir every hour or so.
- Use an immersion blender for about 20 seconds to smooth the texture of the ketchup.
- Ladle ketchup into a fine strainer and press mixture with the back of a ladle to strain out any skins and seeds.
- Transfer strained ketchup to a bowl. Cool completely.
- Taste and adjust salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper as desired.
Calories 16.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 3.9 g, FiberContent 0.4 g, ProteinContent 0.5 g, SodiumContent 139.1 mg, SugarContent 3.4 g