EASY MUESLI RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE MUESLI | KITCHN
Provided by: Grace Elkus
Total time: 1800S
Prep time: 900S
Cook time: 900S
|3 1/2 cups rolled oats|
|1/2 cup wheat bran|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2 cup sliced almonds|
|1/4 cup raw pecans, coarsely chopped|
|1/4 cup raw pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)|
|1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes|
|1/4 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped|
|1/4 cup dried cherries|
- Toast the grains, nuts, and seeds. Arrange 2 racks to divide the oven into thirds and heat to 350°F. Place the oats, wheat bran, salt, and cinnamon on a rimmed baking sheet; toss to combine; and spread into an even layer. Place the almonds, pecans, and pepitas on a second rimmed baking sheet; toss to combine; and spread into an even layer. Transfer both baking sheets to oven, placing oats on top rack and nuts on bottom. Bake until nuts are fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the coconut. Remove the baking sheet with the nuts and set aside to cool. Sprinkle the coconut over the oats, return to the upper rack, and bake until the coconut is golden-brown, about 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and set aside to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Transfer the contents of both baking sheets to a large bowl.
- Add the dried fruit. Add the apricots and cherries and toss to combine.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Muesli can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- Enjoy as desired. Enjoy as oatmeal, cereal, overnight oats, or with yogurt, topped with fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, if desired.
SaturatedFatContent 4.2 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 0.0 g, CarbohydrateContent 36.4 g, SugarContent 6.9 g, ServingSize Serves 8, ProteinContent 8.5 g, FatContent 13.0 g, Calories 275 cal, SodiumContent 122.5 mg, FiberContent 7.5 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg