PEACH & ALMOND ALASKA | EGG RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
|80 g flaked almonds|
|1 x 410 g tin of peach halves in juice|
|4 large scoops of vanilla ice cream|
|2 large free-range eggs|
|100 g golden caster sugar|
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Toast the almonds on a tray as it heats up, keeping a close eye on them and removing as soon as lightly golden.
- Slice up the peaches and divide between four ovenproof bowls, along with their juice. Sit a nice round scoop of ice cream on top of each, and place in the freezer.
- Separate the eggs. Put the whites into the bowl of a free-standing mixer (save the yolks for another recipe), add a pinch of sea salt and whisk until the mixture forms stiff peaks (you could use an electric hand whisk).
- With the mixer still running, gradually add the sugar until combined. Spoon into a piping bag (I like a star-shaped nozzle) or a large sandwich bag that you can snip the corner off.
- Remove the bowls from the freezer and scatter over the toasted almonds.
- Pipe the meringue over the ice cream as delicately or roughly as you like.
- Now – I work two at a time to retain maximum control – pop the bowls under the grill for just 2 minutes, or until golden. Remove carefully and serve right away.
Calories 386 calories, FatContent 18.4 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 4.3 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 10 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 48.6 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 48 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.7 g salt, FiberContent 0.1 g fibre