NANAIMO BARS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: MARTHA J PAUL
Categories: No-Bake Cookies
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 8×8-inch pan
|1 cup butter, softened, divided|
|5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder|
|¼ cup white sugar|
|1 egg, beaten|
|1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs|
|1 cup flaked coconut|
|½ cup finely chopped almonds|
|3 tablespoons heavy cream|
|2 tablespoons custard powder|
|2 cups confectioners’ sugar|
|4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate|
|2 teaspoons butter|
- In the top of a double boiler, combine 1/2 cup softened butter, cocoa powder, and sugar. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Beat in egg and stir until thick, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and mix in graham cracker crumbs, coconut, and almonds. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 8×8-inch pan.
- For the middle layer, beat remaining 1/2 cup softened butter, heavy cream, and custard powder until light and fluffy. Mix in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over the bottom layer in the pan. Chill to set.
- While the second layer is chilling, melt semisweet chocolate and 2 teaspoons butter together in the microwave or over low heat.
- Spread melted chocolate mixture over chilled bars. Let the chocolate set before cutting into squares.
Calories 310.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 34.1 g, CholesterolContent 47.3 mg, FatContent 19.6 g, FiberContent 2.1 g, ProteinContent 2.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 11.2 g, SodiumContent 160.1 mg, SugarContent 26.1 g