FRENCH CLASSIC POTATO GRATIN – MY PARISIAN KITCHEN
This is an absolute classic of French cuisine, traditional side for any kind of main dish. I explain step by step in photos how to master this recipe. gratin de courgettes pomme de terre recettes.
Provided by: Florence RICHOMME
Categories: Side dish
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 90 minutes
|1 kg potato (yellow-fleshed : Charlotte or Belle de Fontenay, thinely sliced)|
|750 ml whole milk|
|200 gr heavy cream|
|150 gr cheese (gruyère or emmental 150 gr or more according to your taste, grated)|
|50 gr butter|
|1 clove garlic|
|salt and freshly ground pepper|
- Pe-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Wash, peel and thinely slice the potatoes.
- Optionnal: peel the garlic clove, cut a small part of it and rub the dish with the cut side.
- With a knob of butter, carefully grease the pan, without missing any spots. Now you can fill in the pan.
- Put half of the potatoes, then cover with 1/3 of the grated cheese. Sprinkle salt.
- Add the remaining potatoes. Pack a bit with your hands. Once more sprinkle salt.
- In a bowl, pour heavy cream and milk. Stir. Sprinkle nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Pour over the potatoes and cover with the remaining cheese. It should almost cover the potatoes.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 1 to 1 hour 30 minutes. Bake until potatoes are fork tender.
NAKED AND FAMOUS COCKTAIL RECIPE
Salmon pink in colour. Mezcal adds earthy smoky complexity to this bittersweet, citrusy fresh, aperitivo Last Word riff. And indeed, getting naked can make you famous!
Total time: 04 minutes0S
Prep time: 04 minutes0S
|22.5 ml Mezcal|
|22.5 ml Aperol (orange-red aperitivo)|
|22.5 ml Chartreuse Yellow|
|22.5 ml Lime juice (freshly squeezed)|
- SHAKE all ingredients with ice and strain into chilled glass
Calories 209 calories