SOURDOUGH PIZZA DOUGH | THE PERFECT LOAF
A versatile sourdough pizza dough recipe for the home oven. recette crepe sans farine recettes.
Provided by: Maurizio Leo
Total time: 24 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 24 hours
Cook time: 10 minutes
|288g Type 00 white flour (or all-purpose flour)|
|32g whole wheat flour|
|2g diastatic malt (optional)|
|48g ripe sourdough starter|
- (9:00 a.m.)Add the ingredients to a mixing bowl or stand mixer. Mix until medium development (the dough should be smooth, but still a little shaggy, and elastic. Transfer the dough to a bulk fermentation container and cover.
- (9:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.)This dough will need 3 sets of stretch and folds during bulk fermentation, at 30-minute intervals.
- (Overnight, 11:45 am to 11:00 a.m.)Remove the dough from the bulk fermentation bowl and lightly oil the interior with olive oil. Tighten the dough on the counter into a ball and transfer back to the oiled bowl, seam side down. Cover the bowl and transfer to the refrigerator overnight.
- (11:00 a.m.)Divide the dough into two 290g pieces. Shape the dough into a very tight ball with no seam on the bottom. Transfer to a pizza dough tray or baking sheet and cover.
- (11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)Proof the dough out on the counter at around 75°F (23°C) for 5-6 hours. When fully proofed, the dough will have relaxed outward and be soft to the touch. If using the dough soon, preheat your oven, alternatively, you can place the dough back into the fridge until the next day.
- (5:30 p.m.)Preheat your oven with Baking Steel inside, one or two rungs from the top, to 550°F (285°C). Shape a dough piece into a large circle on a piece of parchment paper. Switch oven to Broiler setting, top your pizza dough, and slide the dough onto the Baking Steel. Spritz the inside of the oven a few times with a handheld water sprayer. Bake for 1.5-2 minutes with the broiler on, then turn the oven back to Bake setting at 550°F (285°C). After 1 minute, rotate the pizza in the oven. Bake for another 4-5 minutes until done to your liking. Repeat for the other piece of dough.
PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Giada de Laurentiis’ Pizza Dough Recipe – Bon Appétit Recipe
Provided by: Giada De Laurentiis
|3/4 cup warm water (105°F to 115°F)|
|1 envelope active dry yeast|
|2 cups (or more) all purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon sugar|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
- Pour 3/4 cup warm water into small bowl; stir in yeast. Let stand until yeast dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Brush large bowl lightly with olive oil. Mix 2 cups flour, sugar, and salt in processor. Add yeast mixture and 3 tablespoons oil; process until dough forms a sticky ball. Transfer to lightly floured surface. KNEAD dough until smooth, adding more flour by tablespoonfuls if dough is very sticky, about 1 minute. Transfer to prepared bowl; turn dough in bowl to coat with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rise in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 1 hour. PUNCH down dough. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Roll out dough according to recipe instructions. (Start in center of dough, working outward toward edges but not rolling over them.)