RECETTES AVEC FARINE DE POIS CHICHES RECETTES RECIPE
Those savory pancakes made with chickpea flour (thus gluten free & Vegan) come from Marseille, South-France Provence. Few ingredients and many different dishes possibles Heat water. Add chickpea flour and whisk. Let it stand for 1 to 2 hours. Shape and fry..
Provided by: Florence RICHOMME
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
|250 gr chickpea flour|
|1 liter water|
|3 tablespoons olive oil (+ olive oil for frying)|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|freshly ground pepper|
- Start by bringing water to the boil(with salt, pepper and olive oil. Measure 250 grams of chickpea flour (be careful chickpea flour is not as heavy as all-purpose flour).
- When water boils, remove from the heat and pour in chickpea flour. Immediately and vigorously stir with a whisk to prevent any lumps. If however there are lumps, use a hand blender. When you get a smooth preparation, place the pan back on the heat over medium heat and cook for about ten minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk or a wooden spatula. The batter will little by little become thicker and its texture somewhat elastic.
- Pour into a wide and flat container may it be a silicone mold, any flat tin or even baking tray previously oiled to facilitate unmolding. Cover with wrapping film. We want to get a thin layer of 1 to 2 centimeters thick that we will cut into slices. The shape of the mold used will give the shape of the pancakes.
- Let it rest and set for about 2 hours. Or more if your preparation is very thick. Wait until 4 to 5 hours if your container is very thick.
- Finally heat olive oil in a frying pan. Cut the preparation into individual bites of the shape you want (here triangleand fry for about 2 minutes on each side. Then place Panisses on a dish covered with 2 sheets of paper towel (to absorb any excess of oil).