MACARON MAISON RECETTES RECIPE
Provided by: Cuisine fiend
Total time: 1 hours 40 minutes
Yield: about 60 biscuits
|500g icing sugar|
|300g ground almonds|
|2 tbsp. potato flour or corn flour|
|6 egg whites (this needs to be 200g in weight)|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
- You can scale down the ingredients by half – the above will make an awful lot of macarons!
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas
- Combine the icing sugar and ground almonds in a food processor and blend briefly until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the potato or corn flour.
- Add three of the egg whites (100g) into the almond-sugar powder with the vanilla extract and mix into a thick paste.
- Beat the remaining three egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold them into the almond paste gently until combined.
- Transfer the mix into a piping bag with a plain 1cm nozzle.
- Pipe onto a baking sheet lined with parchment forming biscuits about 4cm in diameter. Leave on the tray to dry for about 1 hour, until they are no longer tacky to touch. Flatten any peaks.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until lightly coloured and not wobbly.
- Cool completely on the tray, otherwise you’ll have trouble peeling them off the paper. Store in an air-tight jar.
PITA CHIPS | RICARDO
Provided by: Ricardocuisine
Total time: 27 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Yield: 40 chips
|2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|½ tsp onion salt|
|½ tsp garlic powder|
|¼ tsp freshly ground pepper|
|5 7-inch (18 cm) pita breads|
- Pita Chips