CHOCOLATE ORANGE SHORTBREAD | CHOCOLATE RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER …
|150 g unsalted butter at room temperature|
|200 g plain flour|
|50 g golden caster sugar plus extra to sprinkle|
|50 g quality dark chocolate (70%)|
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas 5.
- Grease a 20cm square baking tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, flour, sugar and the finely grated zest of half the orange by rubbing the mixture between your thumbs and fingertips.
- Squash and pat into dough – don’t knead it – then push into the lined tin in a 1cm-thick layer. Prick all over with a fork, then bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove, sprinkle over a little extra sugar while it’s still warm, then leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, then remove.
- Cut the shortbread into 12 finger portions, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Drizzle with the chocolate, then finely grate over the remaining orange zest. Cut up the orange, and serve on the side!
Calories 188 calories, FatContent 11.6 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 7.3 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 1.9 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 20 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 7.3 g sugar, SodiumContent 0 g salt, FiberContent 0.6 g fibre