FRENCH CLASSIC POTATO GRATIN – MY PARISIAN KITCHEN
Provided by: Florence RICHOMME
Categories: Side dish
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 90 minutes
|1 kg potato (yellow-fleshed : Charlotte or Belle de Fontenay, thinely sliced)|
|750 ml whole milk|
|200 gr heavy cream|
|150 gr cheese (gruyère or emmental 150 gr or more according to your taste, grated)|
|50 gr butter|
|1 clove garlic|
|salt and freshly ground pepper|
- Pe-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Wash, peel and thinely slice the potatoes.
- Optionnal: peel the garlic clove, cut a small part of it and rub the dish with the cut side.
- With a knob of butter, carefully grease the pan, without missing any spots. Now you can fill in the pan.
- Put half of the potatoes, then cover with 1/3 of the grated cheese. Sprinkle salt.
- Add the remaining potatoes. Pack a bit with your hands. Once more sprinkle salt.
- In a bowl, pour heavy cream and milk. Stir. Sprinkle nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Pour over the potatoes and cover with the remaining cheese. It should almost cover the potatoes.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 1 to 1 hour 30 minutes. Bake until potatoes are fork tender.
LEEK AND POTATO GRATIN | RICARDO
Provided by: Ricardocuisine
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Yield: 8 serving(s)
|6 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced on a mandoline|
|2 leeks, white parts only, thinly sliced on a mandoline|
|1 cup (250 ml) 15 % or 35% cream|
|1 cup (250 ml) milk|
|2 cups (200 g) grated Gruyère cheese|
- Leek and Potato Gratin