SLOW-COOKER HOT BEEF SANDWICHES AU JUS RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
|1 (4 to 5-lb.) beef rump roast|
|1 (1-oz.) pkg. dry onion soup mix|
|2 teaspoons sugar|
|1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
|2 (10 1/2-oz.) cans condensed beef broth|
|1 (12-oz.) can beer or nonalcoholic beer|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|16 onion buns, split|
- Place beef roast in 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker. In medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except buns; mix well. Pour over roast.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker; place on cutting board or large plate. Slice beef with knife or shred with 2 forks; place in buns. If desired, skim fat from juices in slow cooker. Serve sandwiches with individual portions of juices for dipping.
Calories 310 , CarbohydrateContent 21 g, CholesterolContent 75 mg, FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 28 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 g, ServingSize 1 Sandwich, SodiumContent 640 mg, SugarContent 2 g
CROCK POT (SLOW COOKER) FRENCH DIP ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES RECIPE
Total time: 5 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 hours
Yield: 10 sandwiches
|4 lbs bottom round beef roast|
|1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix|
|1 (19 ounce) can progresso French onion soup (not condensed soup)|
|1 (12 ounce) can beer|
|3 beef bouillon cubes|
|1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper|
|10 kaiser rolls (or your favorite hard rolls)|
|provolone cheese (optional)|
- Place roast in 4.5 – 6 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with onion soup mix and then pour onion soup and beer over it.
- Drop bouillon cubes in different spots into the liquid and sprinkle pepper and salt to taste over all.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours. (I guess you could also cook on low for 8 hours or so, but I haven’t tried it!).
- Remove meat and slice or shred; return to slow cooker and cover.
- Turn to low and let meat soak up the juices until ready to serve.
- Our favorite way to serve: open rolls and place a slice of provolone on one side of each; place under broiler until cheese is almost melted. Spoon beef on top with slotted spoon and serve sandwich with a side cup of au jus.
Calories 224, FatContent 3.5, SaturatedFatContent 0.6, CholesterolContent 0.2, SodiumContent 1329.5, CarbohydrateContent 38, FiberContent 2, SugarContent 3.1, ProteinContent 8.2
SLOW COOKER ITALIAN BEEF FOR SANDWICHES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: MAUREENBURR
Categories: Slow Cooker Beef Main Dishes
Total time: 4 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours 5 minutes
|3 cups water|
|1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix|
|1 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1 teaspoon dried basil|
|1 teaspoon dried parsley|
|1 teaspoon onion salt|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 bay leaf|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 (5 pound) rump roast|
- Combine water, salad dressing mix, oregano, basil, parsley, onion salt, garlic powder, bay leaf, salt, and black pepper in a saucepan. Stir well, and bring to a boil.
- Place rump roast in slow cooker; pour salad dressing mixture over the meat.
- Cover and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours, or on High for 4 to 5 hours. When done, remove bay leaf, and shred meat with a fork.
Calories 318.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 1.6 g, CholesterolContent 100.4 mg, FatContent 15.8 g, FiberContent 0.2 g, ProteinContent 39.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.6 g, SodiumContent 819.1 mg, SugarContent 1.1 g