ARUGULA SALMON SALAD WITH CAPERS AND PARMESAN
Provided by: Gina
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|1 1/2 cups baby arugula|
|4 oz cooked sockeye wild salmon (skin removed)|
|1 tsp capers (drained)|
|2 tsp red wine vinegar|
|1 tsp extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tbsp shaved parmesan (about .25 oz total)|
|salt and fresh pepper to taste|
- I used leftover salmon, but if using raw salmon, simply season it with a little salt and pepper and bake it for about 10 minutes 400F, or in a pan lightly sprayed with oil. You can also air fry salmon 400F 6 to 8 minutes.
- To make the salad, place the arugula on a dish, sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked pepper and top with salmon and capers.
- Drizzle a little oil and vinegar on top and finish off with fresh shaved parmesan.
ServingSize 1 salad, Calories 288 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 2.1 g, ProteinContent 32.6 g, FatContent 16.1 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.5 g, CholesterolContent 86 mg, SodiumContent 288.5 mg, FiberContent 0.6 g, SugarContent 1.2 g
SEARED SALMON WITH CITRUS AND ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Lidey Heuck
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing|
|2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice|
|2 teaspoons Dijon mustard|
|2 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 teaspoons)|
|3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste|
|2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste|
|1/4 cup thinly sliced shallot (from 1 large shallot)|
|1 small grapefruit|
|2 to 3 navel oranges, blood oranges or Cara Cara oranges, or a combination (about 1 1/2 pounds total)|
|4 (6-ounce) skin-on salmon fillets|
|2 to 3 ounces baby arugula (about 4 cups)|
|1/2 medium fennel bulb, trimmed, cored and very thinly sliced crosswise|
|1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced|
|1/4 cup shelled, roasted salted or unsalted pistachios, chopped|
- Make the glaze for the salmon: In a small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil with the orange juice, mustard, half the chopped garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Make the salad dressing: In another small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil with the lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir in the shallots and the remaining garlic, then set aside.
- Using a small serrated knife, peel the grapefruit and oranges and trim to remove any remaining pith. Slice all the peeled fruit crosswise into thin circles (no larger than 1/2-inch thick); remove the seeds and set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch cast-iron or heavy stainless-steel skillet over medium-high until it’s extremely hot (a drop of water flicked onto the pan should turn to steam almost immediately), about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, pat the salmon fillets dry using paper towels, brush both sides with olive oil, and season all over with salt and pepper.
- When the pan is ready, cook the salmon fillets skin-side down over medium-high without moving until the salmon skin releases easily from the pan, 3 to 4 minutes. Using a pair of tongs or a spatula, wiggle the fillets to loosen the skin from the bottom of the pan, then carefully flip. Lower the heat to medium and cook until the salmon is cooked through but still slightly rare in the center, 4 to 5 more minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Transfer to a rimmed plate or serving dish, and brush the glaze all over the salmon, making sure to coat the fillets.
- Combine the arugula and fennel in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Add the avocado, citrus rounds and pistachios, and toss gently. Transfer to a shallow serving bowl or platter and serve alongside the salmon.
GRILLED SALMON WITH WHITE BEAN & ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: Laura Zapalowski
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 fillet and about 1 1/2 cups salad)
|1 tablespoon chopped capers, rinsed and drained|
|¼ teaspoon grated lemon rind|
|3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided|
|½ teaspoon minced fresh garlic|
|⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper|
|1 (15-ounce) can unsalted Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained|
|4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets|
|¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|4 cups loosely packed arugula|
|½ cup thinly sliced red onion|
- Whisk together capers, rind, juice, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic, and red pepper in a bowl.
- Place beans in a bowl; drizzle with 2 tablespoons caper mixture.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Coat salmon with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add salmon to pan, skin side down; cook 6 minutes. Turn salmon over; cook 1 minute or until done. Keep warm.
- Add arugula and onion to bowl with beans. Drizzle with remaining caper mixture; toss. Divide salad among 4 plates; top each serving with 1 fillet. Serve immediately.
Calories 387 calories, CarbohydrateContent 21 g, CholesterolContent 78 mg, FatContent 15.4 g, FiberContent 8 g, ProteinContent 40 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.4 g, SodiumContent 599 mg, SugarContent 3 g
BEST ROASTED SALMON WITH STRAWBERRY-ARUGULA SALAD – HOW TO COOK …
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: dinner,main dish
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0S
|4 salmon pieces (about 2 lbs.)|
|1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|2 lemons, cut into wheels|
|2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar|
|1 tbsp. Dijon mustard|
|16 oz. sliced strawberries|
|10 oz. arugula greens|
|1/2 red onion, thinly sliced|
|2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives|
- Preheat oven to 450° and line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper. Rinse salmon and pat dry thoroughly, then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place 3 lemon wheels on top of each piece and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. (Time may vary depending on thickness of the fish.)
- Meanwhile, in a jar add balsamic vinegar, mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Shake well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toss strawberries with arugula greens and red onion.
- Divide greens between 4 plates and drizzle with dressing. Top with salmon and garnish with chives.