SPANISH GARLIC SHRIMP (GAMBAS AL AJILLO) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Categories: Shrimp Appetizers
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
|1 pound frozen large shrimp (21-25 count) – thawed, peeled, and deveined|
|1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika|
|kosher salt to taste|
|4 cloves garlic|
|¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 tablespoons dry sherry|
|1 tablespoon chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley|
- Place shrimp in a large bowl and season with paprika and kosher salt; mix well to coat.
- Slice garlic into thin slices. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add garlic and cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and increase heat to high. Toss and turn shrimp with tongs until starting to curl but still undercooked, about 2 minutes. Pour in sherry. Cook, stirring continuously, until sauce comes up to a boil and shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley.
Calories 227.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 2.5 g, CholesterolContent 172.6 mg, FatContent 15.1 g, FiberContent 0.3 g, ProteinContent 18.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.2 g, SodiumContent 344.3 mg, SugarContent 0.1 g
SHRIMP FRA DIAVOLO RECIPE | GIADA DE LAURENTIIS | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Giada De Laurentiis Bio & Top Recipes
Total time: 33 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined|
|1 teaspoon salt, plus additional as needed|
|1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes|
|3 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 to 2 tablespoons|
|1 medium onion, sliced|
|1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes|
|1 cup dry white wine|
|3 garlic cloves, chopped|
|1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
|3 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves|
|3 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves|
- Toss the shrimp in a medium bowl with 1 teaspoon of salt and red pepper flakes.
- Heat the 3 tablespoons oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and saute for about a minute, toss, and continue cooking until just cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a large plate; set aside.
- Add the onion to the same skillet, adding 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan, if necessary, and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juices, wine, garlic, and oregano. Simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the tomato mixture; toss to coat, and cook for about a minute so the flavors meld together.
- Stir in the parsley and basil. Season with more salt, to taste, and serve.
Calories 310, FatContent 18 grams, SaturatedFatContent 3 grams, CholesterolContent 182 milligrams, SodiumContent 787 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 10 grams, FiberContent 3 grams, SugarContent 5 grams, ProteinContent 25 grams