LOUISIANA SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 10 serving(s)
|1/2 cup butter|
|2 yellow onions, chopped|
|4 stalks celery, chopped|
|5 green onions, chopped|
|1 large green bell pepper, chopped|
|4 cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|1 serrano chili pepper, finely chopped with seeds|
|2 bay leaves|
|1 tablespoon creole seasoning|
|1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled|
|1 1/2 lbs andouille sausages or 1 1/2 lbs smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch slices,then cut into quartered wedges|
|2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth|
|1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice|
|3 cups long-grain rice|
- Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, green onions, bell pepper, garlic, serrano chile, bay leaves, Creole Seasoning, cayenne pepper and thyme.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Add sausage, broth, tomatoes and rice.
- Bring mixture to simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is very tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
Calories 559.2, FatContent 28.9, SaturatedFatContent 12.7, CholesterolContent 63.2, SodiumContent 1250.9, CarbohydrateContent 53.7, FiberContent 2.4, SugarContent 3.7, ProteinContent 19.9
SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA RECIPE
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: dinner party,feed a crowd,dinner,main dish
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|1 package Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage|
|2 tbsp. butter or margarine|
|1 package Spanish rice|
|2 c. water|
|1/2 c. chopped onion|
|1/2 c. chopped green bell pepper|
|1 clove garlic|
|1 can diced tomatoes|
|1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning|
|Hot pepper sauce|
- Cut sausage into 1/2-inch slices; set aside. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add rice and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in water and Cajun seasoning. Add sausage and all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 20 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat; stir. Let stand covered for 5 minutes before serving.
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE JAMBALAYA RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Provided by: Southern Living Editors
Total time: 1 hours 5 minutes
Yield: Serves 8
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 ½-inch cubes|
|1 pound smoked sausage (such as Conecuh sausage), cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 large white onion, chopped (about 2 cups)|
|1 large green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 ½ cups)|
|1 cup chopped celery (about 1 stalk)|
|3 garlic cloves, minced|
|2 bay leaves|
|1 tablespoon Creole seasoning|
|1 teaspoon dried thyme|
|1 teaspoon dried oregano|
|2 cups uncooked converted rice|
|3 cups chicken broth|
|2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes|
|Sliced scallions (optional)|
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high. Add chicken and sausage, and cook, stirring constantly, until browned on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels; blot with paper towels.
- Add onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, bay leaves, Creole seasoning, thyme, and oregano to hot drippings; cook over medium-high until vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in rice, and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, chicken, and sausage. Bring to a boil over high. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Garnish with sliced scallions, if desired.
CHEF JOHN’S SAUSAGE & SHRIMP JAMBALAYA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
|2 tablespoons butter|
|8 ounces andouille sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|2 tablespoons ground paprika|
|1 tablespoon ground cumin|
|½ teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|½ cup diced tomatoes|
|2 stalks celery, sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|1 large green bell pepper, diced|
|4 green onions, thinly sliced|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 bay leaf|
|1 cup uncooked brown rice|
|3 cups chicken stock|
|1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
- Place butter and sausage in a large stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir until sausage begins to brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in paprika, cumin, and cayenne; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir tomatoes, celery, green pepper, green onions, salt, and bay leaf into the sausage mixture.
- Add brown rice and stir to combine. Stir in chicken stock, bring it to a simmer, then turn heat to low. Cover and cook until rice is just tender, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, replace lid and cook until shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
Calories 495.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 37.3 g, CholesterolContent 220.9 mg, FatContent 25.2 g, FiberContent 5.3 g, ProteinContent 30.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 9.9 g, SodiumContent 1909.3 mg, SugarContent 3.1 g