CREAMY CHEESY COQUILLES ST. JACQUES/ SCALLOPS RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 17 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
Yield: 8 serving(s)
|1 teaspoon lemon juice|
|1 cup water|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|2 lbs scallops (sea or bay)|
|4 tablespoons butter|
|1/4 cup onion, chopped (or shallot)|
|1/4 lb mushroom, sliced|
|1/3 cup flour|
|1 dash pepper|
|1 cup light cream|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded|
|1/2 cup white wine|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon parsley, minced|
|1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb|
|2 tablespoons butter, melted|
- Lightly grease or butter 8 large scallop shells or 8 small ramekins.
- Combine 1 t. lemon juice, water and salt in a saucepan large enough to hold scallops. Bring to a boil.
- Add scallops and simmer 6 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- Melt 4 T. butter in saute pan. Add onions and mushrooms. Saute until wilted and soft.
- Whisk in flour and pepper. Cook 30 seconds.
- Whisk in cream and milk. Bring to boil, whisking constantly, until thickened.
- Add cheese, wine, 1 T. lemon juice and parsley. Whisk and cook until blended and cheese has melted. Add scallops.
- Divide mixture into 8 shells or ramekins.
- Combine bread crumbs and 2 T. melted butter. Sprinkle on scallop mixture.
- Broil 4" from heat for 2-3 minutes, or until crumbs are brown and sizzling.
Calories 344.4, FatContent 20.4, SaturatedFatContent 12.2, CholesterolContent 87, SodiumContent 866.7, CarbohydrateContent 16.1, FiberContent 0.8, SugarContent 1.2, ProteinContent 21.3
SCALLOP & GOAT CHEESE PASTA – JENNIFER MEYERING
Provided by: Jennifer
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 lb pasta|
|1 bunch fresh asparagus|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|6 cloves garlic (minced)|
|1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes|
|11 oz goat cheese|
|8 oz heavy cream|
|1 lb sea scallops|
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook to al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Chop asparagus into bite sized pieces and add to pan. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and toss to coat. Saute for 3-5 minutes until asparagus is cooked through.
- Add goat cheese and heavy cream to pan and cook just until goat cheese is melted and heavy cream is warmed through; about 4-6 minutes. Pour mixture over cooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Using same pan, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and heat over medium-high. Place scallops in pan in single layer, spaced about 1 inch apart.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and cook scallops for 2 minutes per side without moving except to flip over.
- Divide pasta among dishes and top with 2-3 scallops each dish. Enjoy.
Calories 1049 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 95 g, ProteinContent 46 g, FatContent 53 g, SaturatedFatContent 26 g, CholesterolContent 140 mg, SodiumContent 767 mg, FiberContent 6 g, SugarContent 5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SCALLOP MAC & CHEESE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 5 servings.
|2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells|
|1/2 cup butter, divided|
|1 cup French bread baguette crumbs|
|1 pound bay scallops|
|1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|3 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|3/4 teaspoon dried thyme|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper|
|2 cups whole milk|
|1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth|
|2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth|
|1 cup shredded Swiss cheese|
|1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese|
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir until lightly toasted., In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add scallops; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm. Melt remaining butter in the pan; add mushrooms and onion. Cook and stir until tender. Stir in the flour, thyme, salt and pepper until blended., Gradually add the milk, wine and sherry. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheeses until melted. Drain pasta; stir pasta and scallops into sauce., Divide among five 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Spoon onto plates if desired.
Calories 704 calories, FatContent 37g fat (22g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 132mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 696mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 55g carbohydrate (8g sugars, FiberContent 3g fiber), ProteinContent 38g protein.