BAKED SPAGHETTI “CAKE” | MRFOOD.COM
Cook time: 1 hours
|1 pound ground Italian sausage|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|1/2 green bell pepper, diced|
|1 cup ricotta cheese|
|1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|2 cups spaghetti sauce, divided|
|1 pound spaghetti, cooked according to package directions|
|1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, onion, and green pepper 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and vegetables are soft; drain liquid.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, black pepper, and 1 cup spaghetti sauce; mix well. Add sausage mixture and spaghetti, and toss until evenly coated. Spoon evenly into pan and top with remaining 1 cup spaghetti sauce.
- Bake 50 minutes, then spinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let sit 10 minutes before slicing into wedges.
BEST FRIED SPAGHETTI CAKE RECIPE – DELISH
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: low-cost,low sugar,nut-free,vegetarian,children,weeknight meals,appetizers,dinner,side dish
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 2 servings
|3 c. leftover spaghetti|
|2 large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 c. grated part-skim mozzarella|
|1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|2 tbsp. vegetable oil|
|Warm marinara sauce, for serving|
- Combine the spaghetti, beaten eggs, mozzarella, parsley, and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Heat the vegetable oil in an 8″ skillet over medium heat. Add the spaghetti mixture and press down with a spatula. Cook, until browned, about 5 minutes per side, carefully flipping the whole spaghetti cake with a spatula.
- Slide spaghetti cake onto a cutting board, then cut into wedges with a chef’s knife. Serve with marinara sauce.
SPAGHETTI-AND-MEATBALL CAKE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD …
Provided by: Food Network Kitchen
Total time: 2 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 2 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings
|1 18.25-ounce box chocolate cake mix (plus required ingredients)|
|2 16-ounce tubs vanilla frosting|
|2 to 4 drops yellow food coloring 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder|
|1 16-ounce bag frozen strawberries, thawed|
|White chocolate, for grating|
- Make two 8-inch-round chocolate cakes as the cake mix label directs; cool completely. Crumble 1 cake into a bowl. Squeeze a handful of crumbs into a 2-inch ball; roll between your hands until smooth. Repeat to make 2 more cake balls.
- Sprinkle some of the remaining cake crumbs on a clean surface. One at a time, roll the cake balls in the crumbs, pressing lightly to coat. If necessary, moisten the cake balls with water to help the crumbs stick.
- Assemble the cake: Put the remaining whole cake on a serving plate or cake board. Spread about 1 1/2 cups vanilla frosting on the cake with an offset spatula; run the spatula around the sides to make it smooth.
- Arrange the cake balls on the cake. Mix the remaining frosting, the yellow food coloring and cocoa in a bowl; transfer to a pastry bag with a small round tip. Pipe the yellow frosting around the cake balls in a figure-eight motion to look like spaghetti.
- Make the strawberry sauce: Puree the strawberries in a food processor until slightly smooth with a few chunks. Spoon 1/2 cup strawberry puree around the meatballs to look like sauce.
- Grate white chocolate on top of the cake to look like parmesan cheese. Serve the cake with the remaining strawberry puree on the side.
SPAGHETTI LAYER CAKE | TASTEMADE
Provided by: Tastemade
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 30 minutes
|1 pound spaghetti noodles, cooked al dente|
|3 eggs, beaten|
|2 cups whole milk ricotta|
|1 (8-ounce) package mozzarella slices|
|2 cups bolognese sauce, cold|
|1/2 cup shredded mozzarella|
|1/4 cup Parmesan, grated|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|Parsley, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a springform cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked and slightly cooled spaghetti with beaten eggs.
- Place one-third of the spaghetti mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Add slices of mozzarella cheese followed by 1 cup of the ricotta cheese and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Use an offset spatula to spread ricotta evenly.
- Next, add 1 cup of the bolognese sauce.
- Repeat these steps one more time, ending with spaghetti on top.
- Sprinkle pasta with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Allow layered pasta cake to cool for 20 to 30 minutes before serving. This will ensure that the layers stay intact for a surprising presentation.
- Cut slices like a cake and enjoy!
CARBONARA CAKE RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER PASTA RECIPES
Provided by: Jamie Oliver
Total time: 1 hours
|300 g dried spaghetti|
|100 g hard cheese such as Parmesan, Cheddar, Gruyère|
|3 large free-range eggs|
|250 ml double cream|
|250 g cooked smoked higher-welfare ham|
|3 sprigs of fresh rosemary|
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Cook the spaghetti in a pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions, then drain and leave to steam dry and cool in the colander.
- Meanwhile, rub the inside of a 20cm loose bottomed cake tin with oil, then finely grate a thin layer of cheese all over the base, shaking it up the sides.
- Once the spaghetti is cool, transfer it to a large bowl, gently pulling it apart, then beat and add the eggs, along with the cream and a generous pinch of black pepper. Chop and add the ham, finely grate in the rest of your cheese, and pick, chop and add the rosemary leaves.
- Toss together well, then pack into the cake tin and place on a baking tray. Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden, crisp and cooked through.
- Leave the carbonara cake to sit for 3 minutes in the tin, then carefully and confidently run a knife around the rim and release it proudly on to a board. Great served with a fresh, zingy lemon-dressed salad on the side.
Calories 545 calories, FatContent 19.1 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 10.3 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 22.2 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 38.4 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 2.8 g sugar, SodiumContent 1.4 g salt, FiberContent 1.9 g fibre