LOBSTER THERMIDOR RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Robyn Edge
Categories: Main Dish Lobster
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|1 medium (1 1/2 pound) cooked lobster|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1 shallot, finely chopped|
|1 ⅜ cups fresh fish stock|
|¼ cup white wine|
|¼ cup double cream|
|½ teaspoon hot English mustard|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
|1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
- Cut lobster in half lengthwise, and remove any meat from the claws, tail, and head. Cut meat into pieces and place back into the shells.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot; cook and stir until tender. Mix in fish stock, white wine, and double cream. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half. Mix in parsley, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat your oven’s broiler.
- Place stuffed lobster halves on a broiling pan or baking sheet. Spoon sauce over the meat and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil in the preheated oven until just golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Calories 653 calories, CarbohydrateContent 13.5 g, CholesterolContent 322.9 mg, FatContent 28 g, FiberContent 0.4 g, ProteinContent 76.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 16 g, SodiumContent 2059.6 mg, SugarContent 3.7 g
VANILLA POUND CAKE RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Categories: Cake Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
|1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan|
|2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan|
|1 cup sugar|
|4 large eggs|
|2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 6-cup (8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch) loaf pan; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla and salt. With mixer on low, gradually add flour, beating just until combined (do not overmix).
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour (tent with aluminum foil if browning too quickly). Let cool in pan 15 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack, and turn upright to cool completely.
Calories 450 g, FatContent 26 g, ProteinContent 7 g