POULET REINE ELIZABETH – THE NOSEY CHEF
|***For the chicken:|
|One good-sized chicken (the original recipe calls for 2 ‘young’ chickens)|
|1 carrot, split|
|1 bouquet garni|
|10 black peppercorns|
|***For the sauce:|
|1 tbsp oil|
|25g onion, finely chopped|
|1 dessert spoon curry powder|
|1 good tsp tomato purée|
|1 wine glass red wine|
|Three quarters of a wine glass water|
|A bay leaf|
|Salt, sugar, a touch of pepper|
|A slice or two of lemon and a squeeze of lemon juice|
|1–2 tbsp apricot purée (blanch, peel and stone the fruit, blitz, pass through a sieve)|
|2–3 tbsp lightly whipped cream|
- ***To cook the chicken:
- Put the chicken in a pot with the carrot, bouquet garni, and peppercorns. Cover with water, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer lid and cook on low for 1.5 hours. Allow the chicken to cool in the pot with the water. Joint, bone and dice.
- ***For the sauce:
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion, cook gently for 3–4 minutes, add curry powder. Cook again for 1–2 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, wine, water and bay leaf. Bring to boil, add salt, sugar to taste, pepper, and the lemon and lemon juice. Simmer with the pan uncovered for 5–10 minutes.
- Strain and cool. Add by degrees (see comment in article above) to the mayonnaise with the apricot purée to taste.
- Adjust seasoning, adding a little more lemon juice if necessary. Finish with the whipped cream. Take a small amount of sauce (enough to coat the chicken) and mix with a little extra cream and seasoning.
- Mix the chicken and the sauce together, arrange on a dish, coat with the extra sauce. This dish is served at room temperature.
Calories , CarbohydrateContent , CholesterolContent , FatContent , FiberContent , ProteinContent , SaturatedFatContent , SodiumContent , SugarContent , TransFatContent , UnsaturatedFatContent
DES RECETTES DE CUISINE POUR AMATEURS DE POISSON QUI METTENT EN …
Provided by: Chef Simon
Total time: 030 minutes
Yield: 0 personnes