LEEKS AND JERUSALEM ARTICHOKES VELOUTÉ, VEGAN RECIPE | VELOUTÉ DE …
|1 package of 250 g (3 cups) of Les Cultures de chez nous sliced leeks|
|15 ml (1 tablespoon) of olive oil|
|900 g or a dozen of small peeled and diced Jerusalem artichokes|
|1 chopped onion|
|1 peeled and diced potatoes|
|900 ml (4 cups) of low sodium vegetables broth|
|Salt and pepper up to taste|
|Olive oil and roasted sesame seeds|
- In a thick bottom casserole
- fry leeks and onion in oil at medium high heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Salt and pepper.
- Deglaze with a bit of vegetables broth.
- Add Jerusalem artichokes and diced potato then pour remaining broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables tenders.
- Mix the mixture until obtaining a smooth texture.
- Rectify seasoning if needed.
- Serve with a bit of olive oil and a pinch of sesame seeds.