CALDO DE QUESO: A DELICIOUS CHEESE & POTATO SOUP FROM SONORA …
Caldo de Queso is a delicious potato and cheese soup typical from the state of Sonora, in Mexico. A warm and comforting dish, perfect for a quick weeknight meal le risotto recettes.
Provided by: Maricruz
Total time: 58 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 38 minutes
|200 gr (3/4 cup) fresh cheese (cut in cubes)|
|680 gr (1.5 lb) potatoes (cut into cubes of 2cm/0.8")|
|Green chillies (Anaheim, California, Poblano, italian, etc.)|
|200 gr (1 cup) Tomatos (diced)|
|50 gr (2/3 cup) onions (finely sliced)|
|chicken broth or hot water|
|120 ml (1/2 cup) whole milk|
|1 garlic clove (finely chopped)|
|1 tsp oregano|
|3 tbsp oil (olive oil, canola oil, etc.)|
|salt and pepper|
- Wash throughly the green chilli peppers, roast them with the technique you prefer (in the oven, directly on the stove’s fire or on a comal or pan).
- Put them in a plastic bag or container and then wrap them in a kitchen cloth. Let them sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the peppers, cut them in half, remove all the seeds and remove the veins. Cut them into strips and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes over low heat until transparent and tender.
- Add the garlic and sauté for a minute stirring constantly to release its aroma.
- Add the tomato and cook, stirring from time to time for about 5 minutes or until the tomato has released its juices and you’ll have a thick sauce.
- Pour the broth, add the cilantro and season with salt and pepper (READ NOTES). Raise the heat and bring to a boil. Let everything simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes and cover the pan. Cook until the potatoes are tender (about 25 minutes).
- Uncover the pan and add the chillies and milk. Mix carefully and let the potato soup cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and immediately add the cheese. Mix and let stand 5 minutes before serving