CANDIED ALMONDS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Darla K
Categories: Nuts and Seeds Appetizers
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
|1 cup white sugar|
|½ cup water|
|1 tablespoon ground cinnamon|
|2 cups whole almonds|
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Combine sugar, water, and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Add almonds; cook and stir mixture until liquid evaporates and leaves a syrupy coating on almonds.
- Pour almonds onto the prepared baking sheet; use two forks to separate clumps and spread into an even layer. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
Calories 304.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 32.7 g, FatContent 18 g, FiberContent 4.6 g, ProteinContent 7.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.4 g, SodiumContent 0.9 mg, SugarContent 26.7 g
CINNAMON-ROASTED ALMONDS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: BJ go
Categories: Almond Desserts
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 4 cups
|1 large egg white|
|1 teaspoon cold water|
|4 cups whole almonds|
|½ cup white sugar|
|½ teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10×15-inch jellyroll pan.
- Lightly beat egg white in a large bowl. Add water; beat until frothy but not stiff. Stir in nuts until well coated.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle sugar mixture over nuts; toss to coat. Spread evenly onto the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 1 hour. Allow to cool, then store nuts in an airtight container.
Calories 230.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 13.3 g, FatContent 18 g, FiberContent 4.2 g, ProteinContent 7.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.4 g, SodiumContent 40.2 mg, SugarContent 8 g