GARLIC MUSTARD SHOOTS WITH RAMP BUTTER RECIPE
Simple blanched garlic mustard shoots served drizzled with melted ramp leaf butter is a great spring side dish. cheese burger cheese burger.
Provided by: Alan Bergo
Categories: Side Dish
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
|8 oz garlic mustard shoots|
|4 tablespoons ramp leaf butter (or more to taste)|
|Toasted sesame seeds (a sprinkle to garnish, optional )|
- Cut the shoots into manageable lengths like asparagus.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil (roughly 1 tablespoon per quart).
- Blanch the garlic mustard shoots until just tender (try one). It shouldn’t take too long, and I generally blanch most things for under a minute to make sure they keep their integrity.
- Don't hammer them, they should still have some life, if your shoots end up mushy you went too far. Meanwhile, melt the ramp leaf butter–a microwave is fine. Make sure to inhale the aroma of garlic breadsticks that comes off of it.
- Remove the blanched shoots and drain well, then put on a serving plate, drizzle all over with the ramp leaf butter and sesame and eat hot.